Re: 38K4 modem and S-band

Just as clarification, week after next will be 9k6, not 38k4. From the
command team page:

Feb 20
9k6 Digital, V/U, High Power, PBP BBS (Pacsat Broadcast Protocol BBS)
TLM Data Active, Digipeater ON
Uplink: 145.860 mhz FM, 9k6 PBP Digital
Downlink: 435.150 mhz FM, 9k6 PBP Digital
Digipeater will be Turned ON

Personally, I'd suggest a K5GNA Transystems downconverter. They are the best
plug and play dc dollar for dollar. Get the downconverter and experiment
with antennas on the ground. When you find one that you can use on the
ground with a HT, them mount it on the rotors....it shouldn't need to be too
big. Consider a 18" dish. Chances are if a helix will fit, so will a little
dish and it might be useful on P3E soon.

Last comment re: USB. Buy a USB hub that lets you split the one PC
connection to 4 USB ports. Then convert to serial as needed....

Hope that helps, and hope to hear you on S soon. Glad to see the schedule is
getting people to try new modes ;-)

73, Drew KO4MA