RS-OSCAR proposal

>Since there are discussions about the next SuitSat
>maybe we could put a KPC3 onboard and configure
>it similarly to NO-44.

Actually, as soon as I heard of suitsat in Dec 2004,
I worked up a proposal called RS-oscar.  RS because
it was a Russian suit, and OSCAR not only because
it was HAM radio, but also because OSCAR is the
international word for MAN-OVERBOARD.  Everyone
who has ever been on a ship that does a man-
overboard drill has seen the "dummy" (always named
"Oscar") that is thrown over for the drill to test their
receovery plan.    Also, while a ship is in man-overboard
receovery mode it is required to fly the OSCAR flag.
See my proposal:

http://www.ew.usna.edu/~bruninga/rs-oscar.html

Bob, WB4APR