Re: SUISAT forensics...

On Wed, 08 Feb 2006 13:08:17 -0500, "Luc Leblanc VE2DWE"
<lucleblanc6@videotron.ca> said:

> Mission Time: 006607 minutes
> Temperature: 12 degrees celsius
> Battery Voltage: 26.(?) volts
>
> Voltage seems to be good remain not too much to investigate. Is it possible
> what we received is coming from a disconnected coax at the antenna end?
> or a broken antenna at the feed point?

Yes.  The high battery voltage indicates that the excess power (the
difference between expected and actual RF output) is not doing any real
work. (including heating)

A short circuit across the final output transistors would behave like
this.  Assuming that the short is not from the power supply rail to
ground.  I wonder if broadcasting into an open circuit, as you
suggested, would also lower the current drain on the power supply
batteries?

--
  Mike Lemons
  sputnik_ki6adn@fastmail.fm