Re: AO-54?

> So a handheld thrown out the door DOES qualify if it is turned on.  I
> agree it should be programmed for cross band repeat first though ...

I wonder if it really satisfies rule 3: "Once in orbit, one or more
transmitters must have been successfully activated in the amateur
satellite service."

It depends on your definition of what success is.

I'm pretty sure that it was never intended to be limited to a power
output of 1 to 5 milliwatts that can only be received by giant antennas
with pre-amplifiers.
--
  Mike Lemons
  sputnik_ki6adn@fastmail.fm