RE: AO-54?

> There are published guidelines about who can get an oscar number.  If
> you meet those with a wet noodle generating a femtowatt,  you
> too will
> get an oscar number.  Is it not an orbitting satellite
> carrying amateur
> radio?

Well, I have no argument with an OSCAR number.  Suitsat DOES have Amateur
Radio on board.  It has stirred up a LOT of good publicity, and unexpectedly
provided a lot of good challenges in receiving it.

So what if I can't use it as a transponder?  It's certainly earned its OSCAR
number in my book. :)