Re: OUT THE DOOR

This is much too complex for this.  What kind of sensor array are you
willing to build to determine the attitude, spin rate, etc. since you
cannot fire the CO2 blindly?

The better approach is "statistical" and passive.  We use the earth's
magnetic field, or possibly gravity gradient mechanisms or both to bias
the suit's rotation.

It would be my hope that we will be allowed to experiment with solar
cells and power conditioning.   4-6 square centimeters of high
efficiency solar cells could provide enough power (when LIT) to power a
5 watt handy talkie.

The other thing I noticed is that the antenna on the helmet was a 90
angle dipole.   I really hope the Russian space agency and NASA allow
the construction team MORE THAN THREE WEEKS to put the next one
together.  What they accomplished was almost miraculous given this
understanding.

Bob