Re: SUISAT forensics...

On 8 Feb 2006 at 4:49, Edward R. Cole wrote:

> This implies that Pt = -0.5 dBm (rougly 1mw)  instead of the expected +27
> dBm (500mw)
> I guess that is close enough within the realm of round-off and other errors.
> Obviously something has failed seriously in the Suitsat system
> (battery/transmitter/cable connections???)
> It actually amazes me that we hams can detect a 1mw signal from space.....eh?
> 73's,
> Ed - KL7UW

Mission Time: 006607 minutes
Temperature: 12 degrees celsius
Battery Voltage: 26.(?) volts

Voltage seems to be good remain not too much to investigate. Is it possible
what we received is coming from a disconnected coax at the antenna end? or a
broken antenna at the feed point?

You can do your own test a standard scanner can copy a signal with a 2 feet
coax connected without any antenna. At low or high power!

that holds the license."

Luc Leblanc VE2DWE
AMSAT 33583
Skype VE2DWE