Re: [sarex] Nitwit hams

On 7 Feb 2006 at 22:36, WIlliam L Reyna Jr wrote:

> We have our share of stupidity here too.
> Someone over in Staten Island has set up a repeater on 145.795 so you know
> what that does to the regular iss down link.
> A few months ago they blabed right through a school contact wondering "where
> that was coming from"......Go figure.

145.800-146.0 Mhz exclusively for satellite communication at 145.795 plus a
deviation of 5KHZ they are not transmitting in the satellite band allocations.

We have here an old packet node with about 2 or 3 regulars on 145.790 they are
not interfering too much as they are not too close but i can hear them mainly
at ISS LOS. I can imagine 795 can be rough at times...

Nothing is perfect on earth and in space too...

"-"
that holds the license."

Luc Leblanc VE2DWE
AMSAT 33583