Re: SUISAT forensics...

----- Original Message -----
From: "Luc Leblanc VE2DWE" <lucleblanc6@videotron.ca>
To: <amsat-bb@amsat.org>
Sent: Wednesday, February 08, 2006 3:56 AM
Subject: [amsat-bb] SUISAT forensics...

> It will be interresting to calculate how much ERP power is present on
Suitsat
> to produce the actual results and make some test to replicate the possible
> causes.

> Luc Leblanc VE2DWE
> AMSAT 33583
> Skype VE2DWE
> www.qsl.net/ve2dwe

Hi Luc, VE2DWE

If we know exactly the 2 meters ground station antenna gain in dB
as well the overall noise temperature of the 2 meter receiving system
in degrees kelvin or alternatively we know it's overall Noise Figure
in dB than if we measure the ratio (S+N)/N of the received signals
in dB and we know the range at that time of measurement it is possible
to calculate with sufficient approximation how much ERP power
is present on Suitsat.

Best 73" de

i8CVS Domenico