SUISAT forensics...

On 7 Feb 2006 at 12:34, MM wrote:

 The exact cause of the
> power transmitter power loss is not known.  As a
> result it is very difficult to copy the signals coming
> from SuitSat-1.  The SuitSat-1 transmitter and
> controller are still working.

My guess:

1-Antenna or coax cable was not connected when they make the installation.
2-One connector dismantle when the suit was launch "Valery give it quite a
push"
3-SWR became too high due to a connector or a part became loose and self PA
protection act (if any).

It will be interresting to calculate how much ERP power is present on Suitsat
to produce the actual results and make some test to replicate the possible
causes. There is not so many possibility even the one related to an
installation fault. If a bolt thread don't fit there is a possibility that
something disconnect if not tighten correctly

I hate BNC connectors exactly for that. Try to put a long whip over an HT BNC
connector bring it on your bike and make 2 or two week end of biking with your
HT and a long whip you will see more and more intermittent antenna connector
problem. The center male pin pry the female center BNC on every direction
resulting in a bad connection point too losse to grip the male center BNC
connector pin.

My theory and it is the better one until another one came...

"-"
that holds the license."

Luc Leblanc VE2DWE
AMSAT 33583