Contacting digital people on 145.990

Actually i have contacted a few of the people that were still running uplink
APRS, i did this simply by attaching my HT to my TNC and setting it to
437.800.

After each pass UI-View populated or i just read the terminal window and
started contacting.

The people i talked too were not aware that suitsat was alive again, somehow
all they have heard was that it died so they resumed operations.

I am sure there are a few people that are living under a rock someplace, but
the scenario i have encountered may be more popular.

I have another idea, but it may not be a popular one, that is to run your
APRS with an emergency beacon to grab all of there attention and attach a
message to shut off there uplinks, this would have to be on 437.800 so it
would cross back to 145.990

A pass would have to be sacrificed but in the long run it may be a viable
option.

I am up to 5 bucks in 2 cents now..:}