Re: SuitSat: What have we learned

SuitSat has been a major success in that it got a large number of young
people actively involved with satellites. Schools that submitted pictures
where able to see SuitSat containing their pictures being launched from ISS.
They may never have heard Suitsat's signals but they'll have learnt about
satellites.

People get a real buzz about having something they did, even if it's only a
picture, going into orbit around the earth.

SuitSats can I believe provide AMSAT with a great fund raising opportunity.
How much would Amateurs be prepared to pay to have their Photo/QSL Card or
Call Sign orbiting the earth. I reckon a lot of Amateurs would happily part
with $25 dollars or more and you can fit a lot of images on a DVD.

73 Trevor M5AKA