Re: mounting a u-110 elevation rotator

I used a U-100 for a few years as an elevation rotor.
The U100 has a meter type needle to indicate compass
headings.  The U-110? has a big clicking knob.

I used a metal plate from a 19" computer rack.
the plate was aprox 19"" x  8"" before it hack sawed
it.
I cut the plate in  half and doubled up to make the
plate strong.  Then drilled a bunch of holes in it
to mount the U-100 rotor Horizontally.
I also drilled holes for the virt mounting mast
clamps.

I tested it empty on a 10 foot mast and it worked
good.
Then I added a buch of resistors across the meter to
change the 45 degree swing to resemble 0 -90 swing.
Then re marked the meter 0 to 90.
I have no idea what values i used.
I think i installed an 11 element 2-meter and a 40
element 440.  It was over loaded so i made sure
i ballanced the antennas an coax properly.

It ran good for elevation for 5 years then i spent
the big bucks on the kenpro 5400.

http://mail.yahoo.com