Re: suitsat/half a watt!

Don't forget...no scatter, and the very definition of "line of sight"

  73,
  Jeff WB2SYK

MM <ka1rrw@yahoo.com> wrote:
  the Sputnick (tosssats) satellites that were used
during the Mir space staiton missions in the 1990's
proved that 500 milliwatt tranmitters would work well
with HT's and Scanners on earth.
Close passes of course.

A typical HT running at 500 Milliwatts will suck down
aprox 1 to 1.5 watts per hour.
At high TX power levels of 5 watts, you will be
sucking down 7-8 watts of power.
How big is your battery?

http://mail.yahoo.com