Re: PCSAT2 Telemetry via APRS

PCSAT2 was off due to low-power shut down
for more than a week.  We recovered her on
Saturday.  She should be doing telemetry once every 30 seconds
now.

Bob

>>> <g7iii@g7iii.net> 02/04/06 4:39 PM >>>
Hi All,

As I understand it, the PCSAT2 telemetry is relayed thru the APRS
System.

As currently I'm not in a position to listen live on the air, I
thought I'd telnet to an APRS server, and grab the telemetry from
there, to feed an ncurses (text) application.

However, when I do connect to an APRS server providing a full
APRS Feed, I didn't see anything from pcsat2. (I just use netcat
as a telnet client to the correct port, then pipe that to grep
for PCSAT2)

Is PCSAT2 operational ? Did I just pick a time when there were
no groundstations relaying into the Internet APRS System ? Or is
it just off while Suitsat happens ?

Best Regards

Iain