AO-7 vis-avis Suitsat.

Hello All,
            As expected, I was ... (sometimes quite vitriolically) ...
flamed for my "cling on" posting a few days ago where I mentioned both AO-7
and Suitsat in the same posting.

I'd expected most Hams reading the mail would view AO-7's history, track
record and current status as far more enticing publicity for the potential
newcomer/recruitment to amateur radio etc ... than suitsat ... because it
does appear that nobody has seen this positive goldmine of AO-7 archive
material as a means to get younger people interested in ... "what amateur
satellite operators do" ... or what Amsat is all about.

Check out ... <http://www.ka9q.net/ao7/> ... and for the relative newcomer,
the mine of information contained at
<http://www.planetemily.com/ao7/redirected.php>

I'd think that a 31 year old "real live" ressurected satellite would peak
the interest of the general public a bit more than an old spacesuit chucked
out of the ISS.

Even the commercial space industry had to sit up and take notice ... (oldest
COTS components in space, among other things) ... so IMHO Amsat ought to
collate this goldmine of potential good publicity and make it public
knowledge instead of leaving it in the archives.

Why? ... to recruit ... and create interest for Amsat.

To the "gentleman" who asked what I contribute ... I do my bit, as I hope
you do too.

73 John.   <la2qaa@amsat.org>