CubeSat Cannon ? :)

Hi all,

With all this talk about launching sats from the ISS I was wondering
about how it could be made simpler.

 I was thinking that if a CubeSat launch tube ( similar to what SSETI
has inside it ) could be permanently mounted on the ISS  or at least a
fixture added that accepted a launcher then it wouldn't take to much
effort to load the things and have them deployed into more controlled
orbits. While their orbits wouldn't be as high as a normal CubeSat it
may still be worthwhile.

Alternatively if the launcher had a very large spring or a gas assisted
launch mechanism it may be possible to launch a CubeSat into higher
orbits i.e. a CubeSat Cannon :)

Of course I have no idea if this would even work!

73's

Tim

--
Tim
VK2XTT :: BMARC :: QF56if :: AMSAT# 35732