Re: Suitsat young persons' presentation ideas

>From the threads

> Hi Bruce,
>
> Excellent ideas here.  Over the past days since the release of
> SuitSat, I have realized that sometimes when things don't go exactly
> as planned, it actually creates more interest and excitement.  A lot
> of people have pulled together to try to make the best of this
> situation.  Because of the difficulty in receiving SuitSat, many
> stations have gone the extra mile and made extra effort to get a copy
> of the signal.

Last week i bring my FT-847 at our club local "laboratory" where we tested the
receiving side with a signal generator. I always believe any HAM should be
proactive in the first place but the actual Suitsat experience make's me
recheck my antennas performance including discussions with other ham's to get a
preliminary conclusion that i needed premps for U and V bands (already get one
from e-bay) and i will have to make's some maintenance works on the antennas
and cable as soon as weather permits.

In the actual " "quickie disposable" satellites available to just toss out" i
just want to let you know  that on November 10 1998   Spoutnik 41 -  RS-18 has
been manually launch and i was able at that time to copy it. It was a project
from AMSAT-France. As you see the idea is not new it just take folks to make it
happen or make folks remember.

"-"
that holds the license."

Luc Leblanc VE2DWE