SUGGESTION

On 5 Feb 2006 at 13:18, Robert Bruninga wrote:

> Here is the current list of stations who may not be aware
> that they are transmitting their Packets on the SUITSAT
> downlink frequency (the ARISS uplink).  This list is available
> LIVE from  http://www.ariss.net.  Most of these stations
> are probably  not aware that many people are listening very
> carefully for the weak signals from suitsat on that frequency.
>
> This might also be a good time to look for unattended 24/7
> packet uplinks or high-rate uplinks that are not welcome via
> these space digipeaters.
> One packet per 2 minutes during a pass should not normally
> be a problem, but it appears that some people just leave a
> TNC on 24/7 transitting around the clock every 30 seconds
> or less unattended.
>
> This high QRM level doesnt seem fair to other attended
> stations where humans are actually trying to make a live
> QSO via the ARISS digipeater.

I WILL TAKE THE PHONE TOMORROW MORNING AND I WILL TRY TO REACH THE VE2 IN THIS
LIST. I SUGGEST THOSE IN THE SAME LETTER CALL AREA TO DO THE SAME AND REPORT
HERE WHO THEY CONTACTED AND THE RESULTS.

Good time to pull on the same side to clean the list passig the message that
unattended station on a satellite is not a good idea at all. I guess APRS earth

network make's many believe they can do the same on a satellite...

"-"
that holds the license."

Luc Leblanc VE2DWE
AMSAT 33583