Suitsat X band activation

X stands for cross band

I read that Bill was unable to hear Suitsat shortly after they reenter ISS but
if stations on earth can hear even with very low signal i'm asking why they
cannot copy the signal at a so close range???

This is making no sense as QRP signals makes their way to ISS very often. I
don't know if the frequency drift as no doppler effect is present or could be
the signal was so low at the beginning that it was nearly impossible to copy it
even at close range.

Another technical interrogation the Kenwood HT as many other one are very
dependant of the DC voltage for their output power. I don't know how they
connect the suitsat batteries to the HT but is it possible the HT internal
battery pack freeze draining or lowering the voltage from the suitsat
batteries?

With a 5 elem linear yagi i copy at TCA a very faint signal doppler affected on
the 0900Z pass. Spectran recorded it too. It is time to test our VHF receiving
equipment lets say it is a new week signal test session.

"-"

Luc Leblanc VE2DWE
AMSAT 33583
Skype VE2DWE