Re: OUT THE DOOR

That is a really freaking good idea. It wouldn't have to be big or heavy.
And the short lifetime could open up the opportunity for interesting
experiments (if they don't work, they don't pollute space with another hunk
of metal and glass). Personally, I would like to design an experiment where
the reentry is integral (langmiur probe maybe?), or an SSTV sat with a
camera pointed down to earth...the mind races!

So, this seems too good to be true - there have to be something that makes
this difficult. Do objects only go out the hatch when EVAs are scheduled
(seems to be so)? Is space on the supply ship really tight? The fellows who
know the answers to this, like ourselves, are busy with Mr Smith at the
moment, as they should be. I'm keeping this one in mine.

Dave Goncalves
W1EUJ

--
David Goncalves