Re: Third and Fourth drives this year

Bob,

I had a fully loaded computer like yours.
Maxed out.. every slot and bay full!
2 hard drives, 2 CD/DVD, floppy etc.
PCI slots full, max memory etc...

Well, my power supply went south and sent high voltage out to
everything. No smoke, but nothing worked. Took out everything
EXCEPT what was plugged into my PCI slots. Took out hard drive
controllers too!! I had to start from ground zero to build
another machine!

This time, I got a heavy duty 450 watt power supply. It has 2 fans!
Have a new Pentium 4 CPU and fan, which looks like a 8877 tube!
I have 2 more fans for the case! 5 fans total....
I use a digital laser thermometer and reference the CPU and case
temp sensors on the motherboard. Temp very rarely gets above 30C.

I am hopping for a longer life in this new box!

Good luck!

73, Scott