SuitSat-1 Not the Big success hoped but,

I was asleep during the first 2 East coast passes, so I had to let the
computer do the recording.
During the 3rd pass, I was able to actually listen in and there seemed to be
something transmitting, though it sounded like something transmitting just a
carrier.  (Note my setup is a Ten-Tec 6N2 on an omni.)
At first I said oh well, good try... lets do it again!!
Originally, I was thinking of a thermal failure, that is the cold got to the
batteries or the radio.
Now as I am seeing reports from "big guns," that may not be the case.
Could the antenna be affected?
Could the radio not be operating at full function?
Could the batteries be affected?

Who knows?

Should we do it again?   YES!!

Also, we are fast approaching the 50th anniversary of Sputnik 1.  Is there
any workings going on to celebrate this, specifically along the lines of
RS-17/Sputnik 40?

We need to get our children (whether 9, 39, 99) interested in space.  Some
of these may become astronauts and some of these kids may become amateur
radio operators!

Just hearing "Hello from outer space" (or something else) is simply
amazing!!!!

73's
Les
KD4SFD