Re: Suitsat

Hi all.

Only a personal opinion, but there does appear to have been a malfunction  of
some sort.

On the 04.26 pass here in the UK  no signals were detected on FM so I
decided to get a little more serious for the next pass at 06.00 which was almost
overhead.

Using the weak signal software  "Spectran" from I2PHD and using SSB I  did
detect a modulated signal followed by a strong carrier for the last few  (5?)
seconds of one of the transmit periods. Moving with doppler - So  the good news
is that it appears to be transmitting a normal  sequence.

I say strong carrier.........but spectran is used to detect EME signals  that
are below normal hearing threshold so in real terms this was very very  weak,
the sort of signal I would expect from a milliwatt or two.

So, get those beams out when it arrives over the USA in a few hours  time.
(Maybe a quick call to W5UN or Al Katz will get some readable telemetry on
their EME arrays)

Good luck to all

Regards

David  G0MRF