Re: W32 and desense

Hi Howard,
I have a W32A/Arrow which was my only satellite rig for a year. No
problems. Recently I got a new Arrow so I could keep one in the car. Big
problem with the new one. It hears fine, but when I Tx I get white noise
on the downlink. I've swapped the diplexer between the antennas and the
problem follows the diplexer. I keep meaning to send it back but I'm
using just the 440 side for a mobile downlink so no cross band problems
that way.

I really don't know what all the whining about the W32A is about. Mine
gets a little warm after a few minutes of TX but does not drift off
freq. I love it with the Batteries America 6 x AAA battery case. Hours
of use.

Hope you get the problem resolved. I would imagine Arrow would
test/replace a bad diplexer with no problem.  Good luck and 73.

John
kc8zfn
en75