Re: W32 and desense

Yikes, didn't know they were that bad.  Never had that problem with
my TH-79AD.  Had other problems, namely the LCD drive voltages
leaking over into the transmit audio (which earned me plenty of
gripes and not-very-helpful "helpful" suggestions on 2m repeaters
since the buzz was around 60Hz), but didn't have that problem .. ;-)

On Feb 2, 2006, at 1:00 PM, James wrote:

> Unfortunately a W32 is probably the worst idea to have when
> attaching an external antenna.
>
> Twin band operations with just the standard rubber dummy antenna is
> marginal.
>
> Icom discontinued the W32 because it was a hunk of junk but people
> kept on asking for it because it was the cheapest true twin band HT
> radio out on the market. So of course if they can sell a product
> they will regardless if it is worthless.
>
> I owned a W32 for 1 day, the intermod and desence was unbelievable.
> I brought it back and got a T7H.
>

> KB7TBT
> http://www.kb7tbt.com
> DM33
>
> Remember: You Can't Spell Slaughter Without Laughter!
>
> ----- Original Message ----- From: "Bruce Bostwick"
> <lihan161051@sbcglobal.net>

[demime 1.01d removed an attachment of type application/pkcs7-signature which had a name of smime.p7s]