Re: pre-amp

Thanks for your reply, Drew. It helped me figure why I was not able to
hear the SO-50. I made one contact on it, but I was holding the antenna
by hand. I find that for the AO-27 and AO-51, the tripod does a decent
job. I guess I should be warming my muscles up to see if I can do better
that way.

I have not been using full duplex so far but I guess I need to try that
out too.

Thanks for the advice.

*Amir Findling*, 73 de K9CHP, Syracuse NY

Coordinator, Senior K9 Handler Western New York SearchDogs, Inc
www.wnysearchdogs.org <http://www.wnysearchdogs.org>

NYS Federation of SAR Teams www.nysfedsar.org <http://www.nysfedsar.org/>
1st Special Response Group www.1srg.org <http://www.1srg.org>