Re: pre-amp

Hi Amir,

I think you'll find if you point the antenna by hand and rotate it to peak the signal you will not need the preamp. This is especially true on SO-50 since it's downlink antenna is a linearly polarized whip.

The tripod mount is nice and easy, but really kills the Arrow's real advantage, being able to peak the downlink by matching polarity with the satellite. My take is the tripod mount is best left to using the antenna for terrestrial contacts.

Are you set up for full duplex? This is a huge advantage on the FM satellites too...

73 and Good Luck, Drew KO4MA