Re: lower frequency downlinks

At 11:39 2/1/06 +0000, you wrote:
>Hi Folks,
>
>Andrew said..
>
>>RS 10/11 and RS 12/13 were packages attached to larger Russian satellites
>>(whose proper names escape me at the moment). Both of these put out whopper
>>signals on 10m and 2m, but when power is cheap and easy, thats much easier
>>to do.

				snip

>These small craft although in LEO (I believe 1000Kms) put out cracking
>signals and were very popular birds.
>Much of course depends on whether you use a piece of wet string or a proper
>antenna on the ground:-)  Signal strength is a subjective issue.

	GM1SXX de G3BVU   BT
	Al,

	Is not "wetness" also subjective?
	Distilled water is an insulator, but there may be impurities in the string.

	If you keep a pack of Foxhounds together with a pink jacket and topper
	you'll do much better.

	Additionally, your horse can make a (large) valuable contribution.

	73s, de  John  G3BVU   SK