Re: lower frequency downlinks

>From: "John B. Stephensen" <kd6ozh@comcast.net>
>  I beleive that all of these launches were either free or heavily
>subsidized so space was less of a problem.

My understanding is that Oscar's 6, 7 and 8 used coiled up steel tape
measures as antennas which were released when in orbit to form a dipole, so
the amount of available space on the launch vehicle was not an issue.

Such a dipole acts as an efficient antenna and is ideal for LEO and MEO
orbits.

73 Trevor M5AKA