Re: lower frequency downlinks cont.

I noticed that you included both the AMSAT Bulletin Board and AMSAT-NA BoD
in your original message. Note that I'm answering as an AMSAT volunteer and
an AMSAT member. I'm not speaking for the BoD or the Eagle team but just
outlining the technical problems associated with HF downlinks from HEO
satellites. The BoD decides what is launched after many man-years of
analysis by technical volunteers with expertise in many different areas.

I've seen that the BoD and the Eagle team are very interested in providing
satellites that satisfy all AMSAT members needs. Remember that AMSAT-NA can
only fund a fraction of the ideas out there with the money that is received.
The technical volunteers are constantly striving to provide the most
functionality with the least size and weight. Rocket launches are extremely
expensive and this is necessary to keep costs within the realm of
possibility.

73,

John
KD6OZH