Re: Question For the Group, suitSat

Suitsat will not be in range until Saturday for North
America, Early AM.
Sat and sunday moreings if you do not want to wake up
a VOX is a good idea (AC powered).
Pick the radio with the best reciever.
Pick or make  your best antenna and low loss coax.
Keep your squelch sent to a very low setting.
Test your Vox recorder on a local repeater, etc.

good luck

wf1f

Orbit Pass Times for Suit Sat (Boston, Houston and San
Francisco)
I have enclosed some approximate orbit pass times for
the cities listed for 4th.  For more accurate tracking
try locating a software tracking program or just use
the NASA web page and track the International Space
Station.

Assuming Suit sat is activated at 22:20 UTC on
February 3rd 2006, It will be heard first in Europe
and Asia.  North America will be in range the next day
on February 4th.

San Francisco
To convert PST to UTC add 8 hours
 Feb 4
 0226-0234 PST	10:26-10:34 UTC
 0400-0408 PST	1200-1208 UTC
 0537-0545 PST 	1337-01345 UTC
 0714-0720 PST	1514-1520 UTC
 0849-0857 PST	1649-1657 UTC
 1024-1032 PST	1824-1832 UTC
 1201-1207 PST	2001-2007 UTC

Houston
To convert from CST to UTC add 7 hours
Feb 4
0153-0201 CST	08:53-08:01 UTC
0329-0337 CST	10:29-10:37 UTC
0821-0825 CST	1521-1525 CST
0955-1003 CST	1655-1703 CST
1131-1139 CST	1831-1839 CST

Boston
Feb 4
02:25-02:33 EST	7:25-7:33  UTC
03:59-04:09	EST	08:59-09:09 UTC
05:35-05:44 EST 	10:35-10:44 UTC
07:10-07:20	EST	12:10-12:20 UTC
08:45-08:55	EST	13:45-13:55 UTC
10:21-10:30 EST	15:21-15:30 UTC

Kep tracking Data
ISS
1 25544U 98067A   06025.48155427  .00009929  00000-0
71711-4 0  2161
2 25544 051.6441 201.3171 0009794 193.1268 262.2975
15.74216841410677

"http://kd4sfd.blogspot.com"http://kd4sfd.blogspot.com

http://mail.yahoo.com