Re: lower frequency downlinks

Yes,
but having PSK31 track Doppler as used on PCSAT2
is a trivial addition to the code.  It just hasnt been
done yet, because there is not a transponder yet
that needs it.

RAFT satellite was just delivered Friday to JSC for
launch on STS-116 that also has a PCSAT2 PSK-31
10 meter uplink and 2m FM downlink.  But , I fear
as a 5" picosatellite, the antenna is very inefficient
and unfortunately, cramming everything into a
5" cube places the digital TNC traces only  0.125
inches from the HF antenna spool and we end up
with S9+ digital trash...  So our expectations are
again quite low.

RAFT also has Packet and Voice payloads on 2m
as well.

http://www.ew.usna.edu/~bruninga/raft.html

de Wb4APR, Bob

>>> Jerry W <k0hzi.mn@gmail.com> 01/31/06 6:16 AM >>>
Fred,

Along with a few others, I tested PSK31 on PCSAT-2.  10 meter up-link
and 145.825 down-link, was very difficult to keep the PSK signal tuned
along with the doppler shift even with NOVA and WispDDE.  So some work
needs to be done with PSK to compensate for doppler if it is going to
be used on satellites IMHO.

Jerry  -  K0HZI