Re: lower frequency downlinks

Concerning the discussion on HF up- and/or down-links: Please note that
all the amateur satellite hardware is designed and built and tested by
volunteers. And volunteers have to arrange for all the launches (which
aren't free anymore!) and the funding.

If you really serious about wanting to fly some particular payload, it
is up to YOU to develop the program. Someone has to make sure that the
hardware gets funded, built and tested, to arrange for it to be
integrated with everything else that has to go into the spacecraft, and
to convince all the other volunteers that it really is worth the effort
and won't interfere with everything else that is onboard.

Or, in summary, AMSAT isn't a "you guys" organization, it is a "we"
activity!   About 5 years ago, as AMSAT's resident curmudgeon, I gave a
talk to the Balto/Wash AMSAT group that relates to the "you guys" vs
"we" situation. Feel free to take a look at
http://mysite.verizon.net/w3iwi/curmudgeon.ppt

73 de Tom, K3IO (ex W3IWI)