lower frequency downlinks

greetings from patrick n2oeq 32323

I'm in favor of low frequency downlinks for satellites because of the lower signal or path loss, much less doppler, reception with standard or readily available equipment, and possible use by many more individuals than the super high frequencies.

I enjoyed making contacts on rs-12/13, rs-15, and ao-7.
I found HF downlinks to be much easier to use whereas I could concentrate on the actual contact.

Is it possible to incorporate an HF transponder into Eagle or is the design etched in stone? Maybe the orbit is too high for such a downlink. Then perhaps, could Amsat banter about the idea of a new satellite with this in mind? I imagine the costs associated with a lower frequency satellite would be less because of the components and designs which are already proven.

Anyway, this is a bulletin board so I thought I would raise the idea.

Thanks and 73, pat