Re: SO41

I have to concur with Don that SO-41 and SO-42 have other missions. I
can't recall exactly where I read about them, but I remember SO-41
has a primary mission to do with imaging.  It's probably hearsay but
I think someone told me that it was a demonstration on how satellites
could be used to monitor oil pipeline for leaks and other damage.

I have used SO-41 in amateur mode, and it was a pretty good voice
repeater.  I think one problem was that it was on a timer and the
timer was flakey (or so I have heard) but it definitely was stronger
than SO-50.  SO-50 is definitely a great satellite to operate though
- it's amazing how well it continues to operate and as Don indicated,
it can hear a pin drop.

73,

Emily