Re: New ARRL President

Roger Kolakowski wrote:
> Maybe my initial post was a little rugged, and truthfully I am not a staunch
> supporter of ARRL, even though I count George Wilson, W4OYI, former
> president , as one of my best friends.

As I hope everyone realizes, an organization is no better than its active
members.  Being a member is only part of the puzzle.  If you have no interest in
promoting your ideals, then you'll likely not see those reflected in the
organizations ideals.

The ARRL probably doesn't consider its business to be in the middle of any
particular organizations business.  Asking ARRL to promote AMSAT is like asking
it to promote any one of a number of special interest groups or individuals who
have participated in the activities of amatuer radio.  I don't think that is
ARRLs job.  It should promote Amatuer Radio activities in general, and if you
send in an article for publication in QST, then you can get in line with all the
  other interests that would like to promote themselves or their
activities/accomplishments.

AMSAT can stand on its own, and should.  If you don't think it can stand on its
own, then perhaps there is not sufficient membership that cares about what
happens with AMSAT?

Gregg Wonderly
W5GGW