  From: Edward R. Cole<mailto:al7eb@acsalaska.net>
  To: amsatbb<mailto:amsat-bb@amsat.org>
  Sent: Wednesday, January 25, 2006 11:58 PM
  Subject: Re: [amsat-bb] New ARRL President

  At 11:43 PM 1/25/2006 -0500, Roger Kolakowski wrote:
  >I wonder why a satellite operator who has risen to the level of President
of
  >the ARRL, and touched all the "bases", doesn't consider membership in
AMSAT
  >as one of the "essential" parts of his resume.
  >
  >Perhaps he can be consulted as to why we aren't important to Amateur
Radio?

  >Roger
  >WA1KAT

  Roger,

  Perhaps you should give Joel a chance to respond before you judge what he
  believes.  He may be active on satellite ham radio but this should not be
  seen as a lack of interest or support.  I know Joel, personally, and I
  would not make that statement.

  Has anyone here on Amsat-bb contacted him and offered an invitation to join
  Amsat?

  73's,
  Ed - KL7UW
  http://www.qsl.net/al7eb<http://www.qsl.net/al7eb> - BP40iq
  144-EME: FT-847, mgf-1801/1402, 4xM2-xpol-20, 170w
  432-EME: FT-847, mgf-1402, 1x21-ele (18.6 dBi), 60w