Re: New ARRL President

At 11:43 PM 1/25/2006 -0500, Roger Kolakowski wrote:
>I wonder why a satellite operator who has risen to the level of President of
>the ARRL, and touched all the "bases", doesn't consider membership in AMSAT
>as one of the "essential" parts of his resume.
>
>Perhaps he can be consulted as to why we aren't important to Amateur Radio?
>
>Roger
>WA1KAT

Roger,

Perhaps you should give Joel a chance to respond before you judge what he
believes.  He may be active on satellite ham radio but this should not be
seen as a lack of interest or support.  I know Joel, personally, and I
would not make that statement.

Has anyone here on Amsat-bb contacted him and offered an invitation to join
Amsat?

73's,
Ed - KL7UW