Re: SatPC32 error 105

Hello Dave,
the function "Update Keps" in SatPC32 12.4 did not work quite flawlessly
during the first time. When you downloaded a Keps file and then closed the
Window "Satellites" with
the "OK" button no source file name was saved and at a new program start the
message appeared: "No source file was found...... ". To save the source file
name it was necessary first to explicitely select (mark) the filename in the
left list and then to click the OK button .
I have fixed that about 2 monthes ago and uploaded revised setup files.

When you repeatedly get the error message "E/A Fehler 105" ("I/O error 105",
it says that a file could not be opened for a write operation) it will be
necessary to re-install the program. To do that it is not sufficient to
overinstall the program or to uninstall the program with the Windows system
panel. Files that have been changed after installation (files with user
specific settings) will then not be removed and will not be overwritten when
you re-install the program.  The file that caused the error will then do
that also with the new installation.

You may do the following: Rename your previous installation folder, say,
SatPC32_12.3. Then install the program in a "new" folder SatPC32 as
suggested by the setup program. Then download a new Keps file, say the file
"nasa.all" with the link in the window "Downlaod Keps" (that file contains
all satellites of interest for amateurs). Mark the  filename and click the
"OK" button.
When the new installation is ok you can simply delete the old program folder
with the Windows Explorer or another filemanager.

vy 73s, Erich, DK1TB