Re: FIRST CONTACT (for me)

Thanks for the welcome, John!

I had a few contacts via AO-27 and UO-14 a few years ago, but nothing
since... I'm eager to get back into the thick of things (and do it better
this time around).

My current setup is:

Uplink:	Radio Shack HTX-212 @ 10W with a 2m 1/4wl whip
Dnlink: Icom IC-Q7a + Ramsey PR40 preamp with a 2m 1/4wl whip (different
than uplink)

As I said, this was mobile and with the 19" whips trunk mounted on my
compact car (due to a very low garage door clearance which inhibits roof
mounting).

I'm desensing the downlink when I xmit, so I didn't even know if I made it
into the bird until I heard someone calling me!  Wow!

I haven't tried AO-27 lately, but I'll have to start listening for it!

Regarding SO-50, I've listened a dozen or so times and have never heard
anything on the downlink, but haven't tried activating the repeater.

I have a Kenwood TM-D700 on the way, so that'll help with my operating!

73 de Rich N3WWN