RE: Icom

On Tue, Jan 24, 2006 at 12:14 PM, N6OJ wrote:

> Hi All
>

> Thanks to all that responded to my inquiry about the unusual split on the
> IC 820H
> Here is the info in case anybody else has the problem
> The split for ISS is 1.3 and not the usual .600 the manual says  you can
> set a split
> for each band but nothing about  different splits on different  memories
> How to do it is
> set the split to what you want, (1.3) program it into the memory that you want
> then return to the split and return it to the .600 for 2 meters and the 1.3
> will stay in the
> memory but the other frequencies will see the .600 split
>

> Chuck
> N6OJ

You can also do this by putting the rig in VFO mode, setting your uplink frequency in VFO B, your downlink frequency in VFO A, and then putting it in SPLIT mode (FUNC - CALL/SPLIT).  You listen on VFO A, and the rig will automatically switch to VFO B when you transmit.  You can then store this split frequency setup in a memory, and you don't have to mess with changing your offset back & forth.

George, KA3HSW