Re: NA vs EU co-visibility on FO-29

On 24 Jan 2006 at 18:56, i8cvs wrote:

> Hi Luc, VE2DWE
> Actually descending orbits of FO-29 are better than the ascending one
> because the acquisition between you and Europe fall around  MA=130
> very close to the apogee so that the footprint is the maximum available.
> For the ascending orbits FO-29 is actually in range for you and Europe at
> MA =60 and the footprint is smaller.
> The eccentricity of FO-29 is large and the orbit is not very circular.
> From my locator JN70ES I got QSO with W1FC but with you it will be
> easier.
> Do you use a 3.3 meters dish for 70 cm ?.....only 20 dBi of gain and a
> yagi is more appropriate.
> Best 73" de
> i8CVS Domenico
Hi Domenico

Yes it is a 3.3 m dish with a triband patch feed I copy a ?Z7PCF on this pass a
low one signal was about 52. I have a UHF 7 elements waiting to be tested as
sson WX will improve it will be less directional and easy to manoever with LEO.

I send you a picture of the dish in his "summer configuration"

that holds the license."

Luc Leblanc VE2DWE
AMSAT 33583
Skype VE2DWE