RE: Re: [sarex] Bill completes "WAS from Space"

There's only one problem with a WAS that makes it somewhat difficult to
achieve from an orbital vehicle such as ISS.

Here's the link:
http://www.arrl.org/awards/was/

Requirement #3 reads: Contacts must be made from the same location, or
from locations no two of which are more than 50 miles apart which is
affirmed by signature of the applicant on the application. Club station
applicants, please include clearly the club name and callsign of the
club station (or trustee).

Can Bill prove he made all his contacts from the same point in orbit?
:)

As an ARRL member, I would vote to waive this requirement for ISS crew
members.

73 de N8AU, Jim in Raymore, MO