Re: satellite etiquette

----- Original Message -----
From: "kevin schuchmann" <wa6fwf@pacbell.net>
To: <amsat-bb@amsat.org>
Sent: Monday, January 23, 2006 4:03 AM
Subject: [amsat-bb] satellite etiquette

> Hi All,
>   on a FM  sat I can understand the rapid fire QSO of jump right in since
were
> all stuck on a single channel...
>
> but on the  linear transponders it seems at times like some people are
going for their
> WAS  (worked all stations)
>
>   I thought the accepted norm was you wait for a QSO to end and then give
one of the
> stations a call, not just push your way in...  now there are exceptions if
your breaking into
> a group that all know you and visa versa for a roundtable..
>
>   But whats the general consensus on whats acceptable practice for joining
a QSO already in
> progress?  is this now acceptable practice???
>

> 73
> Kevin WA6FWF
> Amsat-UK #6505

Hi Kevin, WA6FWF

How are you Kevin ? I rememer many QSO with you on AO40 !

Few days ago I was operating via FO-29 and european station (A) was calling
CQ in a choosen free frequency after that another european station (B)
replayed to him and a QSO begun.

During the above QSO the footprint opens for a rare DX station (C) in Africa
and operator (C) was breaking to both for a QSO with Europe.

The operator of station (A) says to operator of station (B) "you first made
QSO with (C) and than look again for me 10 KHz up....... already got QSO
with (C)"

As you realize the acceptable etiquette is not stated in a written rule but
as Luc VE2DWE writes at the end of all messages " It is not the class of
licence the amateur holds,but the class of the amateur that holds the
licence".

Best 73" de

i8CVS Domenico