satellite etiquette

Hi All,
  on a FM  sat I can understand the rapid fire QSO of jump right in since were
all stuck on a single channel...

but on the  linear transponders it seems at times like some people are going for their
WAS  (worked all stations)

  I thought the accepted norm was you wait for a QSO to end and then give one of the
stations a call, not just push your way in...  now there are exceptions if your breaking into
a group that all know you and visa versa for a roundtable..

  But whats the general consensus on whats acceptable practice for joining a QSO already in
progress?  is this now acceptable practice???

73
Kevin WA6FWF
Amsat-UK #6505