Re: Oscar Locator

>Dave Guimont wrote:
>
> >"old style" tracking software could produce EQX tables.
>
>Amsat-UK's Satscan program does this but I don't think they sell it any more.

Good Richard, this nostalgia keeps coming out of the woodwork!!

You've probably done this, Richard, but I'll put it on amsat.org in
case others are interested:

Determine your own EQX's by running the IT tracking program, and I'm
sure other trackers will do the same thing...

Simply note the satellites passage when it crosses the equator, and
of course when visible to you at some future time...get a map of the
world centered at your pole, create your own compass rose of
visibility, your own overlay, and you have your Oscarlocator....

I'm sending Emily a copy of my colored Oscarlocator, if she wishes to
put it on our website, and it will help explain...I had that one set
to show a sample pass of Oscar 7 for San Diego

            73, Dave wb6llo@amsat.org
                    Disagree: I learn....

               Pulling for P3E...