Re: Memories (was Re: AO-7 Predictability.)

Yes, Jim,
It's still the  "OCTOPUS MODE" for me... Especially on  FO-29
or AO-7.  So many knobs, so little time !

I love it!

73,
John, K6YK

On Fri, 20 Jan 2006 10:41:54 -0500 "James H. Jipping"
<jhjipping@ameritech.net> writes:
> AMSATERS:
SNIP

>> I call them my octopus days, one hand on
> the
> key, one on the receiver tune dial, one on the "VFO", one with
> pencil
> copying CW, one on the elevation rotor control, one on the azimuth
> rotor
> control. And the brain multitasking all the way.

Yes, I remember those old receivers.. I had an  SX-96  here, used it with
my boat-anchor transmitters.  Sold it last year, and found  an  HQ-170A.
It's a better receiver but only does the "old" ham bands.