Easy? (was Re: AO-7 Predictability.)

At 11:04 AM 1/18/2006, Dave Guimont wrote:
>After seeing the fun a lot of us are having with Oscar 7 (some of us
>for 31 years!) I cannot imagine why anyone would want to launch
>another FM (other than digital) satellite under the guise of "it's a
>beginner's satellite!!"   There were very few of us that were NOT
>BEGINNERS then!!

Thanks Dave - in this entire debate about "easy sats" this is one
point that could put the debate to rest.   Not only were most
operators beginners, they didn't have the advantage of computerized
tracking, computer control and rigs that were designed for use with
satellites.  As much as I thought AO-40 was going to be difficult
once I got on AO-40 I found it very easy to operate even with
completely manual control.

73,

Emily