Re: AO-7 Predictability.

Mr Seguin, Sir!,
                     Hi Mike,
                                 It's been a long time since we spoke, I
can't recall offhand if it was on AO-13 or RS-12.

Yes, I've had a mail from Jan again ... I don't know if you know but GM1SXX
and myself did some extensive experimenting a couple of years ago re: the
effects of the BMEWS because we were of the opinion that Karl's old filter
wouldn't have much effect against the modern pulses beamed out from RAF
Fylingdales  on the Yorkshire Moors, Thule, Greenland and Alaska.

However, that's beside the point ... before Emily puts something on the AO-7
page we need to really get the message across re: QRP because wholloping the
old girl (AO-7!!!) with too much power just puts the beacon in "silly" mode.

I'm doing my best to "educate" folks re: the power situation on this side of
the pond.

I'm fully aware of your ministrations a few year ago Mike but read between
the lines and kept me' gob shut ... (colloquial "Manchester" for "kept
quiet") ... what we don't! need is the "ME TOO!" brigade playing pseudo
controller.

An experienced ear can usually tell what's going on just by listening to the
power levels.

Good to hear from you again Mike mate.

73 John.   <la2qaa@amsat.org>